The Arab Company for detergent chemicals (ARADET) is a Pan-Arab Company with head office in the city of Baghdad in the Republic of Iraq.
The company was created for the purpose of establishing a detergent chemical industry in the Arab world. To fulfil this objective , the company is implementing two projects: one for the production of Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) and the other one for the production fo Sodium Tri polyphosphate (STPP) each with a capacity of 50,000 tons per year. The LAB project was completed and commissioned in 1987.
To establish industries to manufacture intermediate chemical required to produce finished detergents, or needed for the detergent industry.
To trade materials used in the detergent industry
To market the company's product
7,200 shares of ID. 10,000 each ID 72.000.000( U.S. $ 230,400,000)
6.000 shares of ID. 10,000 each ID 60.000.000( U.S. $ 192,000,000)
Subscribed and fully paid up capital
3600 shares of ID. 10,000 each ID 36.000.000( U.S. $ 115,200,000)
ARADET shareholders are:
Percentage of share
- The Government of the public of Iraq _________________________32%
- The Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation _________________ _32%
- Petrochemical Industries Company __________________ _10%
- The General Petroleum and Mineral Organization ______________ _10%
( PETR0MIN), representing the interest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The Arab mining Company________________________________ _10%
Representing the interests of 14 Arab Countries
- The Arab investment Company (TAIC) ______________________6%
In total , 18 Arab countries have direct or indirect interest in the Company.